Friday, June 29, 2007

Marc Ford-fuckin-tastic!





I finally had to the chance to see Marc Ford play live yesterday at the Paradiso in Amsterdam. I've enjoyed it a lot and I'm wondering why he doesn't have bigger following, because he played some mean bluesy riffs, some nasty greasy ass chops and groovy riffs. The band was tighter then I expected and I predict a nice future for his solo efforts. Because he makes honest blues based rock with a funky twist.

I admire the fact that he chose this way to be a musician. I mean he still could have played with The Black Crowes for a bigger audience and go the easy way. Instead he decided to do his own thing, don't minding the fact he doesn't play for big crowds and the, I'm just guessing, bigger paycheck. So hats off to the guy! Oh, I've also shot a few pics for you and I to admire. At the top of this article I posted the ones I like the best.

Setlist:
Smoke Signals
Dirty Girl
Don't Come Around
It'll Be Over Soon
1000 Ways
The Other Side
Currents
Greazy Chicken
Shame On Me/Don't Ya Get Me
Killed
Medicine Time
Blue Bird Street
Just Take The Money
Last Time Around
Just Let It Go

Encore:
The Big Callback
L.A. > Alabama

Cheers

No comments: